c/o Real Simple
3 ounces of a stout beer
3 ounces of dry sparkling wine
Cheesy Buffalo Mushroom Poppers
c/o Closet Cooking
- 1 pound button or cremini mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup flour (rice flour for gluten-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- buffalo hot sauce to taste
- ranch or blue cheese dressing to taste
- Chop the mushroom stems, mix with the cheeses and jalapeno and stuff the mixture into the mushroom caps rounding the filling off so that it and the mushroom form a complete and smooth ball (about 1 teaspoon per mushroom).
- Dredge the mushrooms in flour, coat in egg followed by the breadcrumbs.
- Heat enough oil to cover the mushrooms in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook the them until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side, before setting aside on paper towels to drain.
- Enjoy with buffalo hot sauce and ranch dressing!
Banana Bread Donuts
c/o Buns in My Oven