Here are my favorite recipes this week.
New York Sour
c/o Buns in My Oven
- ounces whiskey
- ounce lemon juice
- ounce simple syrup
- ounce sweet red wine
Sausage Sour Dough Stuffing Filled Pretzelsc/o Country CleaverIngredientsDirections
- Add the whiskey, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake well.
- Strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice.
- Gently pour the wine over the back of a spoon to create a layer of wine on top.
DirectionsHeat your oven to 350°F. Place butter in a 2 to 3-quart (3 was recommended, but I had a lot of extra space) baking dish or a 7×11-inch cake pan. Place pan in oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until butter has melted. Tilt the dish to ensure it is evenly coated with butter.Whisk together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and stir in milk. Mix until smooth. Pour batter over the butter but do not stir, even if it looks like a puddle-y buttery mess.Cut apples into 8 wedges, small plums into 4 wedges and medium ones into 4 to 6. Space fruit over batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and then remaining sugar.Bake the cobbler until it is set and golden on top, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool slightly on a rack. Serve the cobbler warm or at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup (115 grams or 4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea or table salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) whole milk
- 2 medium apples, peeled
- 3 small (I used Italian prune plums) or 2 medium plums, no need to peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon