Here are my favorite recipes for this week.
Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Poppy Seed Pancakes
c/o Closet Cooking
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey or sugar
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 cup strawberries, diced 1/4 inch
FOR THE PANCAKES:
- Bring the strawberries, water and sugar to a boil in a sauce pan, reduce and simmer until it reduces by half and thickens a little before straining the solids and letting it cool.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt and mix it into the mixture of the buttermilk, egg, honey, ricotta, lemon zest, juice and poppy seeds before mixing in the strawberries.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add the batter 1/2 cup at a time forming circular pancakes, cook until bubble form on the top, about 2-4 minutes, flip and cook until lightly golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
FOR THE SYRUP:
FOR THE PANCAKES:
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
c/o Country Cleaver
- cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- cup butter, melted
- ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- cup granulated sugar
- cup sour cream
- large eggs, room temperature
- tablespoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- cup whipped cream, as desired
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Add the cereal to a blender or food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Alternately, place the cereal in a plastic bag, seal, and beat with a rolling pin to crush the cereal.
- Add the cereal to a medium bowl and pour the melted butter over it. Stir to combine.
- Line 2 12-count muffin tins with 16 paper or foil liners. Scoop one spoonful of the crust into each liner and press down with your fingers to form the crust.
- Add the cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy and smooth. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the whipped cream, to the mixer and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins to just under the top of the liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until just barely jiggly in the center. Cool completely before serving.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a piece of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, if desired.