Boxed Wine Pitcher Cocktail: Rose, Gin, and Pink Peppercorn Cocktail
c/o The Kitchn
- On the stove: Simmer the ingredients on low until the beans are tender, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir occasionally.
- In a slow-cooker: On HIGH for 4 1/2 to 5 hours or on LOW for 8 to 10.
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Muffins
c/o Buns in My Oven
For the muffins:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red liquid food coloring
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
For the crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- To make the muffins, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, cocoa, food coloring, oil, and egg.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just moistened.
- Beat together the cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Fold into the muffin batter, leaving some streaks and not overmixing.
- Fill the muffin tins two-thirds full with batter.
- To make the crumb topping, stir together the sugar and flour in a small bowl. Use a pastry cutter to blend in the butter until you have coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffins and bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove to a rack to cool completely.