The Prescription Julep
1 1/2 ounces Remy Martin
1/2 ounce Old Overholt rye whiskey
1/2 ounce simple syrup
A few mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
Drop mint leaves into bottom of julep cup or Collins glass. Cover with simple syrup and muddle. Add ice to fill, then add brandy and rye. Stir briskly. Garnish with sprig.
Cheesy Gnocchi with Smoked Pork and Bacon
c/o Buns in My Oven
- 2 pounds gnocchi
- 1 1/2 pounds Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet
- 3 slices Smithfield Bacon, any variety
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While water is heating, open the pork loin filet and scrape the bacon off the top into a 10 inch skillet. Dice the pork loin into bite sized pieces and add to the skillet.
- Dice the three slices of bacon and add to the skillet.
- Cook the pork loin and bacon over medium heat until cooked through, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Once water is boiling, add gnocchi and cook until it floats to the top of the water, about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add the evaporated milk, cheddar cheese, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to the hot pot that you used for boiling the gnocchi. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is nearly melted.
- Return the gnocchi to the pan with the cheese sauce. Gently stir in half of the pork and bacon. Stir to coat in cheese sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Christmas Funfetti Cake Batter Truffles
c/o Lauen's Latest
1 cup white cake mix
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon Christmas sprinkles + more for decoration
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips or vanilla almond bark