Cucumber, Ginger, & Prosecco Sangria
c/o The Kitchn
1/2 cup light honey
1/2 cup water
3/4-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1 large strip of lemon peel, no pith
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
1/2 cup brandy
1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed and discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the corn and zucchini to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, under vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese, sour cream, cilantro, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
c/o Dashing Dish
|16 oz||Greek yogurt cream cheese, softened|
|2 tsp||Lemon juice|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup||Baking stevia or 1 cup sweetener that measures like sugar (or to taste)|
|8 oz||Light Tru Whip, thawed|
|1 lb||Sliced fresh strawberries|
|Optional:||Graham crackers, shortbread cookies, or cookies of choice|
DirectionsTo Make the Ice Cream: Place the softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and sweetener together in a medium bowl. Mix with a hand held mixer, beating until mixture is creamy and smooth. Take 1/2 of the strawberries and mash them up slightly, and mix into cream cheese base. (I mashed them with the back of a measuring cup). Next, add the Tru Whip and the rest of the strawberries to the cream cheese base, gently folding everything together with a spatula.