Here are my favorite recipes this week.
c/o The Kitchn
1 bunch fresh mint, keep a few sprigs to the side for garnish
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons water
4 limes juiced
3 cups coconut rum, like Blue Chair Bay
1 liter seltzer water
Lime wedges for garnish
In a large pitcher, combine the mint, sugar, and water, and muddle. Add the lime juice and rum, and stir to combine. Fill the pitcher with ice and add the seltzer.
Pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge.
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
c/o Closet Cooking
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, onion, jalapeno and red pepper toss and let it sit until slightly charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes.
- Mix the cheese, mayo, lime juice, salt and pepper, place back into the pan and cook over medium-low heat until the cheese has melted before enjoying while warm topped with cilantro!
Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cookie Bars