Here are my favorite recipes this week.
Vodka Thyme Lemonade
c/o Martha Stewart
Blueberry Caramel Sauce
c/o Closet Cooking
- Place the blueberries in a food processor and puree them.
- Mix the sugar and water in a sauce pan, heat over medium heat and simmer until the sugar has melted and it has turned an deep amber colour, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully mix in the blueberry puree.
- Return to heat, simmer for 5 minutes, strain the solids with a fine mesh sieve, return to heat and simmer until it starts to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, mix in the lemon juice and let cool to room temperature.