Blood Orange and Prosecco Cocktail
c/o Leite's Culinaria
For the blood orange nectar
Make the blood orange nectar
1. Stir together the orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Let the nectar cool slightly, then strain it through a fine-mesh strainer into a 1-quart glass jar or other container with a lid. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least a few hours and up to 2 weeks.
Make the cocktail
3. Combine the blood orange nectar, St. Germain, and Prosecco in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into 2 chilled coupe glasses or flutes.
Creamy Roasted Mushroom and Brie Soup
c/o Closet Cooking
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 4 ounces brie, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the mushrooms in the oil, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400F oven until they start to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes, mixing them up once in the middle.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth and mushrooms, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the milk and brie, let the brie melt, fish out the rinds and season with salt and pepper to taste before pureeing to the desired consistency and enjoy!