2 teaspoons of finely grated peeled ginger
1/2 cup of sugar
1 bottle of champagne or prosecco
1. Set a fine-mesh sieve over a small bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, boil ginger, sugar, and 1/4 cup water until syrupy, about 2 minutes. Pour through sieve into bowl, discarding solids.
2. Pour 1 tablespoon syrup into each of 8 tall glasses. Top with sparkling wine, and gently stir.
Sparkling Apple Cocktail
1 oz apple juice
1/2 oz cognac
1/2 ounce simple syrup
4 small chunks of red apple
3 oz of champagne
Combine the apple juice, cognac, simple syrup, and apple chunks in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and pour into a cocktail glass. Add additional ice, if needed. Top off with champagne. Stir and serve.
℅ Bon Appétit
1 cup gin
1/2 cup no cook simple syrup (see directions)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- To make our No-Cook Simple Syrup, combine 2 cups each superfine sugar and water in an airtight container. Cover and shake until sugar dissolves. Makes 3 cups.
- Stir gin, No-Cook Simple Syrup, and fresh lemon juice with ice in a medium pitcher for 10 seconds. Strain into Champagne flutes or coupe glasses.
- Top with chilled Champagne. Garnish with lemon twists.