c/o The Kitchn
3 cups unsweetened grapefruit juice, chilled
One (750-milliliter) bottle dry sparkling wine, chilled
8 to 10 kumquats
Fill a champagne coupe or flute about 1/2 full with grapefruit juice, then top off with dry sparkling wine and stir lightly.
Make a slit lengthwise in a kumquat and slide it on the edge of the glass. Serve (and sip) immediately.
Chicken Shitake and Wild Rice Soup
c/o Skinny Taste
c/o Closet Cooking
- 1 pie crust
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup maple syrup (or honey or golden syrup)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the pie crust in the bottom of a foil lined slow cooker, fill with the mixture of the remaining ingredients and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours. The crust will be nice and golden brown!