Here are my favorite recipes this week.
Rosemary Honey Gin Rickey
c/o Bren Did
1. In a short cocktail glass or small Mason jar combine gin, lime juice, and simple syrup. Stir lightly.
2. Top with ½ club soda and ½ cup ice.
3. Garnish with lime and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
Smoked Sausage Chilaquiles
c/o Emily Bites
- 5 (6 inch) corn tortillas (I used Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn tortillas)
- 8 oz turkey smoked sausage, chopped (I used Hillshire Farm)
- 3 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup reduced sodium fat free chicken broth
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded (I used Cabot)
- 1 medium avocado, cut into cubes (to keep these from browning you can toss them in a bit of lime juice)
- 6 lime wedges
- Optional: chopped cilantro for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 350. Cut your tortillas into strips (mine were about 1” by 3” strips). Spread the tortilla strips onto a large baking sheet and lightly mist with cooking spray. Bake for 13-15 minutes until crisp. Set aside.
- Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium heat and add the chopped sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until the sausage pieces are a bit browned. Remove sausage to a side plate.
- Keep the skillet over medium heat and add the salsa. Bring to a simmer. Add the broth and stir together. Return to a simmer and simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. Add the browned sausage pieces and stir together. Add the baked tortilla strips and stir until well combined. Return to a simmer and simmer uncovered for about 3 minutes until the tortillas soften and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with the shredded cheddar while the mixture is still hot Top with the chopped avocado and cilantro if using. Serve with a lime wedge to squeeze over top.
Nutella Hot Fudge
c/o Country Cleaver
In a medium sauce pan, whisk together the heavy cream and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a light simmer, and whisk in the nutella. Whisk the nutella into the mixture until it has completely dissolved. Turn the heat off, and stir in the vanilla and Kahlua.