Bourbon Lemonade Cocktail
c/o Food Babbles
Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
c/o Buns in My Oven
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces canned corned beef hash
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the bell peppers and slice the tops off. Remove the stem and seeds from the inside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet and brown over medium heat. Drain the fat and return to the skillet. Add the corned beef hash to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Add the sloppy joe sauce to the pan with the beef and stir to coat.
- Spoon the meat mixture into each of the 4 bell peppers and place in an 8x8 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and top each pepper with the cheese. Continue baking for another 10 minutes, uncovered, or until the peppers have softened to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
Apple, Cheddar, and Bacon Fritters with Caramel Sauce
c/o Closet Cooking
- 1 pound apples, peeled, cored and shredded
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour (or rice flour)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for shallow frying
- Squeeze as much excess liquid from the shredded apples as you can in a tea towel. (Reserve and enjoy the fresh apple juice!)
- Mix everything except the frying oil.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add heaping tablespoons of the apple mixture, forming patties and fry until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side, before setting aside on paper towels to drain.