c/o Country Cleaver
3/4 to 1 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Lime Juice
1/2 cup Tequila
*Adjust the amount of sugar you like for your margaritas in this step. Add more sugar for a sweeter margarita, or use less for a more tart margarita* In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar and water. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil. reduce the heat and simmer for several minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved completely. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool. Once cooled, stir in the lime juice until combined.
If you want to make the mixture a Pour-Over Drink Mix:: Add the 1/2 cup of tequila into the margarita mix after you add in the lime juice. Stir to combine. Shake and pour over ice for instant margaritas.
Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies
c/o Smitten Kitchen
- 3/4 cup (190 grams) smooth peanut butter
- 2/3 (135 grams) cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extra
- A few pinches of flaky or coarse sea salt
- 3 ounces (85 grams) unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (115 grams or 4 ounces) unsalted butter, plus extra for pan
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky or heaped 1/4 teaspoon of coarse sea salt
- 2/3 cup (85 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) semi- or bittersweet chocolate chips
PEANUT BUTTER BATTER
Heat oven: To 350°F (175°C).
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment and coat the bottom and sides with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
Make peanut butter batter: Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
Make brownie batter: In a medium heatproof bowl over gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter together until only a couple unmelted bits remain. Off the heat, stir until smooth and fully melted. You can also do this in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between each. Whisk in sugar, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and salt. Stir in flour with a spoon or flexible spatula.
Assemble brownies: Spread a thin layer of brownie batter (about 1/3 of total batter, but no need to be exact) in bottom of prepared baking pan. Dollop peanut butter batter all over in big spoonfuls. Dollop remaining brownie batter in pan, aiming, if you can, between the peanut butter dollops. Use a butter knife to swirl the batters together in loose figure-8s. Sprinkle chips all over.
Bake: For 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out batter-free.