c/o The Kitchn
2 cups rosé wine, divided
1/4 cup unflavored powdered gelatin, about 5 (.25-ounce each) envelopes
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 drop pink or red food coloring
- Get the molds ready: Place the gummy bear molds on a rimmed baking sheet and make sure there is room in your refrigerator for the baking sheet to sit flat.
- Concentrate 1 cup of the rosé: Bring 1 cup of the rosé to a gentle simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool while blooming the gelatin.
- Bloom the gelatin: Combine the gelatin and remaining cup of rosé in a 2-cup measuring cup. Stir to make sure all of the gelatin is wet, then leave the gelatin to "bloom" for 5 minutes. The gelatin should swell, thickening the mixture.
- Combine the sugar, gelatin mixture, and rosé concentrate: Add the sugar to the saucepan with the concentrated rosé. Add the bloomed gelatin and rosé mixture to the pan as well and stir to combine.
- Cook the gelatin mixture: Return the pan to medium-low heat and bring the mixture to a bare simmer, stirring constantly. Do not boil the gelatin mixture, but the gelatin and sugar should dissolve completely and the mixture should have the consistency of a thick syrup, like maple syrup.
- Add the food coloring: Remove the pan from the heat and add the food coloring if using. Pour the mixture into squeeze bottles or a measuring cup with a spout.
- Fill the molds: Squeeze a small amount of the gelatin mixture into each cavity of the molds, or pour using the spouted measure cup. Use an offset spatula to level the molds and wipe away excess gummy mixture.
- Set the gummies: Refrigerate the gummies until set, about 90 minutes.
- Store the gummies: Push the candies out from the bottom of the mold to remove. Store them in the refrigerator.
c/o Rose Bakes
Raspberry Cheesecake Cocktail Shots