I am in Orlando at a work conference but I'm still picking out my favorite recipes for this week.
Cranberry Gin Fizz Cocktail
c/o Completely Delicious
One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
c/o Skinny Taste
Season chicken with 3/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. In a large deep nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken and cook until browned, stirring about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the skillet. When the oil is hot, add the onions, bell peppers, and remaining 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add minced garlic, and stir until fragrant and well combined, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and transfer to the plate with the chicken.
In the same skillet, add the broth, diced tomatoes and uncooked pasta. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes until pasta is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed. Add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet and stir to combine until heated through, about 2 minutes. Mix in the sour cream and top with scallions and cilantro. Serve with avocado on top.
Dulce de Leche Apple Pie
c/o Closet Cooking
- 6 cups of apples (cored, peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 egg white mixed with 1 teaspoon of water
- Toss the apples in the dulce de leche, cider and vanilla,
- Mix the sugars, cornstarch, spices and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Fit one of the pie crusts into a 9 inch pie plate and pour the apples in.
- Fit the remaining pie crust on top and brush with the egg white mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven for 40 minutes.
- Reduce to 375F/190C, remove the foil and bake until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely.