c/o Food Network
- 1 can (20-ounce) crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 bottle (750 ml) chilled inexpensive brut Champagne
In a large punch bowl or pitcher, stir pineapple, lemon juice, cherry juice, rum, and brandy to blend. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add Champagne just before serving.
Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
- 1-ounce cranberry juice (sweetened)
- 1 wedge lime
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Cranberries (fresh or frozen)
In a chilled Champagne flute add cranberry juice and a squeeze of lime. Top off the glass with Champagne. Garnish with 3 or 4 cranberries.
Pear Champagne Cocktail
Fresh pear, chopped (remove the skin first, if you like, but we don’t)
Turbinado (raw) sugar
Drop a few pieces of pear into the bottom of a champagne flute and sprinkle some sugar over the top. Let sit for a few minutes while the sugar softens, then pour 1 ounce of pear brandy over the pear. Allow to macerate for 15 minutes, then top with chilled champagne.